Psychology of Guidance and Counseling (PsyGC)
- Keywords: guidance, career counseling, counseling, positive psychology, prevention, new methodologies, quali-plus-quanti, accountability, verification of the effectiveness of interventions, psychology of working, relational theory of working, life designing, life construction, life meaning, decision, indecision, indecisiveness, emotional intelligence, positive lifelong self and relational management, psychological interview.
- RU's Coordinator and members: RU’s Coordinator: Annamaria Di Fabio – Associate professor – Department of Education and Psychology; Members: Luisa Puddu – Associate professor – Department of Education and Psychology - M-PSI/05 – Social psychology; Rosalba Raffagnino – Researcher - Department of Education and Psychology - M-PSI/08 – Clinical psychology; Camilla Matera - Researcher - Department of Education and Psychology - M-PSI/05 – Social psychology; Marco Giannini – Researcher – Department of Health Sciences - M-PSI/08 – Clinical psychology
- Involved Departments: Department of Education and Psychology (SCIFOPSI), Department of Health Sciences (DSS)
- Research Issues: Life construction, life design, career and life management, power of the audience, verification of the effectiveness of intervention with quali+quanti methodology, relational theory of working, emotional intelligence, positive psychology, prevention, accountability, career counseling, dialogue counseling and psychological interview, psychological and physical Self, counseling and family, couple affectivity, psychological interview in anti-violence centers, child custody in case of violence, counseling for addiction
- Aims and objectives: Aims: innovative research and intervention processes to promote new effective/efficient methodologies and tools regarding the themes of the research unit. Objectives: realize empirical studies with evidence-based research design to validate new methodologies of lifelong research and intervention in different contexts, in relation to guidance and career counseling, counseling, positive psychology and the themes of the research unit.
- Current projects: The RU is involved in several research projects related to the topics under study. The structure of the RU is part both of the Research and Intervention Laboratory of Psychology for Vocational Guidance and Career Counseling (LabOProCCareer) and of the Research and Intervention Laboratory of Positive Psychology and Prevention (PosPsyc&P) (for both the Laboratories Director is Annamaria Di Fabio), Department of Education and Psychology, University of Florence. The Research and Intervention Laboratory LabOProCCareer was invited as member of Chaire universitaire UNESCO “Orientation et conseil tout au long de la vie” [Life long guidance and counseling] (under the scientific direction of Prof. Jean Guichard) for the international network of universities chosen in the world to promote the progress on guidance and career counseling topic concerning teaching, training, research (since 2013).
last update: 18-Dec-2017