Socio-emotional development in the life cycle
- Keywords: bullying, cyberbullying, internalizing and externalizing disorders, evidence based interventions, personality disorders, emotional competence, emotion-related traits
- RU’s Coordinator and members: Ersilia Menesini (coordinator); Members: Andrea Smorti, Monica Toselli, Fulvio Tassi, Enrica Ciucci, Annalaura Nocentini, Benedetta Emanuela Palladino, Kristel Campaert, Andrea Baroncelli
- Involved Departments: Department of Educational Sciences and Psychology
- Research Issues: Research topics are: conduct disorders, bullying, cyberbullying and victimization, internalized and externalized disorders, personality disorders. Other relevant areas are: parenting and family relationships in the life cycle and the evaluation of efficacy and effectiveness of antibullying interventions.
- Aims and objectives:Our aim is to study the socio-emotional aspects in life cycle making use of quantitative and qualitative methods and of cross-sectional and longitudinal research designs.
Specific objectives are:
1) the role of individual variables to explain aggressive behavior and the condition of the victim;
2) disorders of personal identity;
3) the role of socio-emotional processes in school and in the family;
4) parent-child relationship in the life cycle;
5) efficacy and effectiveness of interventions for the prevention of behavioral problems.
- Current projects:
1) Validation of the Kiva models in Tuscany schools in collaboration with the Ministry of Education; 2) "Living together and promotion of well-being at school and in the community 'in collaboration with the Municipality of Scandicci;
3) Project "Cybermentor Europe" EU DG Justice - Daphne 2012 -2014
4) Perception of bullying and cyberbullying in adolescents and preadolescents.
5) Survey on bullying and cyber bullying in secondary school in Agliana (PT): incidence and psychological correlates" in collaboration with Fondazione CR Pistoia and schools in the area
6) Strengthening of the ability to promote emotional well-being at school in collaboration with the schools in Pistoia.
For further details on projects and research activity see:
Lab of Longitudinal studies in Developmental Psychology
Lab of Evaluation of Developmental Processes