Pedagogical approach for SUstainable Development and Heritage valorization (PUSH-D)
- Keywords: education for sustainability, lifelong learning system, cultural and environmental policies, eco-pedagogy, community–based learning, adult education, tangible and intangible heritage, sustainable development
- Coordinator and composition of the Research Unit (RU): prof. Giovanna Del Gobbo, (Coordinatore), prof. Romina Nesti (SCIFOPSI-UNIFI), dr. Glenda Galeotti (PhD assegnista di ricerca, UNIFI); dr. Gilda Esposito (PhD borsista UNIFI); prof. Emanuela Rossi, prof. Igor Melani (SAGAS - UNIFI); prof. Francesco Dainelli (DISEI- UNIFI), prof. Gabriele Paolinelli (DIDA- UNIFI); prof. Eduardo Nunes (Università Statale dello Stato di Bahia UNEB - Brasile); prof. Clécio Azevedo (Università Federale di Santa Catarina, Brasile); prof. Richard Kahn (Antioch University Los Angeles); prof. Mario Garbayo, prof. Reynaldo Garmendia Presmanes (Universidad de La Habana - CUJAE, Cuba); dr. Francesca Camilli (CNR – IBIMET).
- Departments involved: Department of Education and Psychology (SCIFOPSI); Department of Architecture (DIDA); Department of Economy and Enterpreneurship (DISEI); Department of History, Archeology, Geography, Art and Performance (SAGAS)
- International network: Paulo Freire Institute – San Paolo, Brasil, Moacir Gadotti; Instituto Catalán de Investigación en Patrimonio Cultural, Università di Girona - Prof. Joaquim Nadal i Farreras, prof. Joan Bosch Ballbona; Bulgarian Center for Sustainable Local Development and Ecopedagogy, Stefan K. Grigorov; SIMBDEA – dott.ssa Valentina Zingari
- Research issues: The RU intends to develop an area of study and comparison of theories, methodologies and best practices for sustainable development characterized by valorization of natural and cultural environment in a lifelong learning perspective. The RU make the idea of sustainability stem from the balance between environmental protection, social justice, economic well-being, inclusion and democratic participation. It also recognizes the category of “formativity” of human beings as transversal and basic variable that guarantees efficiency and effectiveness in sustainable living of territory and strenghtens inclusive social and economic policies. Consistently with the theory of human development, defined not only as a result of economic growth, but strictly connotated by the essential role of people in development, we recognize the categories of democracy, freedom, dignity, responsibility, participation, well-being as key.
- Objectives and aims:
- To develop pedagogical research on issues of Sustainability and Cultural Heritage from an inter-and transdisciplinary approach in connection with some of the leading national and international networks: SIPed – Italian Pedagogical Society; WEEC-Network World Environmental Education; Earth Charter Process; International Committee for Intangible Cultural Heritage – ICICH; Italian Network for ICH; Cultural Information and Research Centres Liaison in Europe (CIRCLE); European Institute for Progressive Cultural Policies (EIPCP).
- To test and systematize training devices in formal and non-formal education to support the construction of skills, perspectives and values to sustainable livings and participation in a democratic society, capable to protect and at the same time exploit its own heritage. A strategic focus is granted to adult education, vocational training, advanced training, high education, and the new jobs that come from them.
- To generate new knowledge and innovative policy models with embedded community wisdom, for endogenous sustainable development and enhancement of the tangible and intangible heritage.
- Current Projects:
- Region Toscana – Fundation Ente Cassa di Risparmio of Firenze: Markets of cultural goods and youth: development and youth employment in Arezzo province (Scientific Coordinator UNIFI: Giovanna Del Gobbo; partner De Plano Cunsulting; Province of Arezzo)
- Region Toscana – Fundation Ente Cassa di Risparmio of Firenze: Learn for the future. Workshops of ideas for High School in Firenze (Scientific Coordinator UNIFI: Giovanna Del Gobbo; partner Cooperative Macramè)
- Province of Firenze: Riciclabilandia (Scientific Coordinator UNIFI: Giovanna Del Gobbo, in collaboration with Romina Nesti)
- Transborder cooperation programme Italy-Slovenia 2007-2013: Study Circles: Transborder workshops on human resources and network development toward valuing endogenous assets. (Scientific Consultant Giovanna Del Gobbo; leader Comitato Regionale ENFAP FVG; partner: Torre Natisone GAL – local development agency; Province of Gorizia – Office for Employment and Welfare; IAL FVG, CTP EDA –ISIS Brignoli, Einaudi Marconi in Gradisca d'Isonzo; Pososki Razvojni Center; Ljudska Univerza - Nova Gorica ; ACS Adult Education Institute of Ljubljana ; Donneuropee Formazione & Marketing; VEGAL local development agency; Province of Venezia -Active policies fro employment and vocational training)
- Interuniversity cooperation: - Universidade Estadual do Estado da Bahia - Salvador de Bahia e Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina - Florianopolis, Brasile, Programa de Pós-Graduação: Currículos da educação superior: Teoria e método em educação para recuperação e valorização do patrimônio material e imateriali Scientific coordination Unifi-UNEB-UFSC: Eduardo Nunes, Clecio Azevedo, Giovanna Del Gobbo).
last update: 18-Dec-2017